All I did all day was lay on the couch and watch movies. Not an exciting blogging day, by any means. However, I did get off the couch long enough to make some delicious, fresh juice. The cup above contained only 3 simple ingredients:
1) apples – I think there were 3
2) oranges – also 3
3) 3 big handfuls of fresh, pitted cherries
Not only was the colour pretty, but it tasted terrific. All the fruits were in the fridge, so it was nice and cool as well.
Just in case you’re looking for something watch, this is what we watched today.
1) Generation Kill – an HBO mini-series about the Iraq War. It’s no Band of Brothers, but there’s plenty of dudes taking their shirts off, so, added bonus there. Also, Eric Northman from True Blood is in it. He makes an angry, stoic soldier.
2) Being Elmo – A documentary about Kevin Clash – the puppeteer who created Elmo on Sesame Street. I always love to hear and see how people become successful in their artistic careers…seeing all those situations where people are in the right place at the right time, and how thing fall into place for them. I guess that happens to lots of people in their careers – artists or not. But I do love to hear about people’s stories. This one was lovely and a bit sad in spots – he helps a lot of sick kids.
3) Louis – a TV show by Louie CK. I love him as a comedian. We went to see him a couple of years ago when he came to Vancouver. His TV show is a bit bleak at times (leaving me to feel really, really empty. It’s weird that way.) but still funny and quirky.
I’d recommend them all. Not necessarily in one day, but definitely worth watching on a very, very lazy day like today.