You know what I nearly forgot? To tell you all about the nekkid dancing men movie I went to see on Friday night. As we walked into the theatre, we walked passed the poster for the movie. I turned to my buddy and said, “Oh man. I can’t believe we’re going to see this movie.” and the lady behind me said, “Yah. This is my second time seeing it!” SNORT.
Please note: This is definitely not a review…mainly some observations.
1) I’m pretty sure US soldiers don’t dance like that. Also, I don’t think they actually shoot their guns that low. How would they be able to see to aim?
2) There was no full frontal nudity of men in this movie. Clearly, these guys were not dancing in Calgary.
3) Sweaty guys in leather g-strings hugging each other is a little gay. I guess they had more than the just female audience in mind. Two birds, one stone. Nicely done!
3) Matthew McConaughey is very photogenic (DUH) – Not when he was doing the dancing stuff, because there were some uncomfortable scenes in there (for me, anyway) while he was dancing. However, there was one scene with a close up of his face while he was wearing this Uncle Sam top hat and the American flag scarf and I wished I had come up with that portrait. It was very cool.
4) Channing Tatum is a great dancer. Really. I think he did all his own dancing in this movie. Nice!
A couple more obvious observations:
a) Steven Soderbergh is a great director.
b) I noted two obvious themes in the movie – Magic Mike was a stripper with a heart of gold AND, drugs are bad, okay?
And…even in the male dancing world, apparently being a 40 year old dancer is not a good thing.
Good to know.