I sewed and re-sewed and even pulled out some more seams this afternoon. Sadly my Union Jack quilt top looks more like a bug or spider legs. The union Jack is supposed to meet in the centre – just like when you draw a star – the lines are all supposed to cross in the middle.
I’m pretty sure I got the angles wrong when I cut this right from the beginning. Unable to bring myself to rip out the seams for a third or forth time, I gave up and turned it into a tea cozy. I also didn’t notice all the dandelions until after I took these photos. Our “lawn” is full of them.
I was getting ready to bind it, but Mike looked at it and said, “I don’t think that’s going to fit over the teapot.”.
I think I’d better get back to Mike’s man quilt. There’s no measuring to be done, no pre-measuring angles, no following directions.
No ill-fitting tea cozies.