I made this over the past two days.
I swear I followed the directions. The finished results were supposed to be 27 inches by 27 inches. Mine turned out to be 4 inches shorter all around. WHAT? I don’t get it. I think it has to do with the 10 triangle squares required. I must have somehow made them a little shorter so for each row, I had to shave a bit off the bottom to keep them square. Those little shavings sure added up.
After the heart was all done, I decided we needed a light, summery quilt, so I wanted to turn this into a queen sized quilt somehow.
Okay. Now it’s in pieces. And I’m stuck. I have no idea how to bring these two quilts together. I think I’m going to have to make that big border around the heart smaller and bring in some more of the tan coloured fabric. Thankfully I found some more of that fabric and I’ve got more light grey. I think I’m good as far as colours go.
Where do I go from here? No idea. Hopefully this won’t just sit in my craft room for another year until I figure out what to do next.
UPDATE: This is what I’m going to do! This quilter calls it the “Kitchen Sink” quilt. She puts together all her “orphan blocks” (That’s a sad name. I think I’ll call mine something else like leftover blocks.) to make huge quilts! I want that! This is a perfect solution for me because I get bored making the same block time over and over. I lack quilting discipline.
BONUS: I JUST REMEMBERED! I have about 3 Union Jack pieces I could add to this.
Whoa. I have to go through my leftovers! This is going to be a gigantic quilt. And I’m going to have to make a big design wall to match these all up.