Yesterday’s shopping trip included a massive score. It was my first trip ever to a GoodWill store (we don’t have those in Canada) and I have to say, it was very nice. There was no stale, thick, thrift store smell many of them have, and there was a mix of new stuff and used stuff, all very organized.
SAD side note: NO CHRISTMAS section. Ah boo!
Anyway, I spotted an entire bolt of this blue flowered fabric on top of a shelf. It was gigantic. How gigantic? This gigantic.
[click to continue…]
Over the last couple of weeks, I have somehow amassed a bunch of awesome items. A few weeks ago, my sister and cousin went to San Fransisco for a good time. The visited Alcatraz and sent us the postcard you see above. Alcatraz seemed very gloomy – nothing like the movies, Escape from Alcatraz or The Birdman of Alcatraz at all. It looks more the like The Green Mile to me. Yesterday, we got a package in the mail from my mom and sister, and inside? A fridge magnet from the prison island stating a very important rule.
LOUD talking, shouting, whistling, singing or other UNNECESSARY NOISES are NOT PERMITTED.
Wow. Jail sucks.
I won’t tell you why this magnet reminded C@thy of Mike and I. Apparently, she thinks we make lots of UNNECESSARY NOISES in her presence. Look, I can’t help what happens after partaking in the magical fruit. I wish she was a little more understanding of things. Sheesh.
Speaking of unnecessary noises, those kitties of ours have been really noisy at night lately. When Donner’s not making sounds like a baby crying, both are running around the house only stopping long enough to hiss at each other. This is a regular, nightly occurrence now. They would not do well at Alcatraz at all. Off to solitary for sure.
In other news, I have received a few other cool things lately. Things like…
[click to continue…]
Let me count the ways!
1) It was Quilting Bee night tonight.
2) It was de-stash night – it’s like a garage sale, but without the cash. If you brought stuff from your quilting stash and put it into the pile, you get to take some home! SO…I brought two bags of stuff and took 1 bag of stuff home. Heh. I have so much cat fabric now, it’s insane! Can you believe anyone would part with it? Also, I have plenty of brown egg fabric. Now, you can’t have too much of that.
3) The sun shone today and while I was out and about, I found this clown face in the Army and Navy store window.
4) I quit my job yesterday because…
5) I was offered a new job! I signed all the paperwork today. Once the criminal record check clears, I’m good to go. I’ll tell you all about it once I get there. It’s going to be a fun one! I’ll be working with creative people all day long. My start date is April 23rd.
I’m exhausted from all the excitement from these last few days – a new job, fabric with cats on it, the Calgary Zoo last weekend…
And to celebrate, I’ll be posting photos of the all the beautiful people I took photos of in Banff last weekend in tomorrow’s post.
Banff is full of beautiful people. Seriously.
But now, I’m going to bed. I’m spent!